Sunday, December 23, 2007

Credit Counseling

Credit Counseling can be the same thing as debt consolidation. Many companies use “credit counseling” as a nicer way to refer to debt.

A second way that credit counseling can be a “good” term is to actually mean counseling. Many credit reduction companies and private financial institutions offer credit counseling as a type of financial planning. Counseling can help figure out how much debt is owed and how to control debt in the future.

Credit counseling can also be a negative thing. The credit counseling industry is so profitable that dozens of new companies spring up each month. Many of them are operated by hucksters out to make a buck at your expense.

I've also seen on many sites that those who have participated in credit counseling warn those who haven't not to sign-up.

1 comment:

John said...

Hi,

I greatly enjoyed looking through your blog and found an informative one for finance related topics.I have also some finance related web sites having more information regarding various financial problems and its solutions.So,I think it would be beneficial for both of us if we will join in a community.If you are interested then please contact me at- johnberts123(at)gmail.com

Thanks
John